Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

leaving a pickup on the bass

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by danielthemaniel, Jan 25, 2006.

1. danielthemaniel

danielthemaniel

Jan 25, 2006
    hey all, been reading these boards for a while, and figured id register since i havea question. i just got a pickup for my upright bass, and was wondering if it is ok to leave the pickup in the wing slot for long periods of time, meaning just putting it in and not taking it out. this might be a silly question, im just not sure. also, the bridge isnt fit as tight as i would like, which is part of the reason i dont wanna keep taking the pickup out and putting it back in. btw, the pickup i got is a revolution solo, which i decided to buy after reading many reviews from this website. thanks for any input you guys might have, - Dan

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    It shouldn't be a problem at all. Having the pickup installed might changed the arco response a bit -- but only a bit, usually.

3. Ditto what Ray said, Daniel. The wiring connections on these pickups can be pretty fragile, so I think putting them in and taking them out frequently could cause problems.