1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lefty Bass FAQ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by avid, Apr 19, 2007.

1. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    Kinal make lefty basses at no upcharge.

2. i believe this thread deserves to be stickied
    :)
    and lefty007 i am so jealous of you :p

3. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    Guys,

I know how frustrating it is looking around and trying to figure out what is available. Hopefully this info will make it easier for lefties to find their perfect bass. Please feel free to make suggestions for improving the information. :)

4. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    I can no longer make additions to the original post because the time limit for editing has passed. I guess I could cut and paste but then I lose all the comments. So...

I want to give props to another shop which consistently seems to have new and used lefties in stock.

The LowEnd

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Bump from fellow lefty

6. JamesTheBassBoy

JamesTheBassBoy

Oct 12, 2007
    London
    NOOOOOOO! Modulus dont do lefty quantums!! awww man :(:(

7. Dan, unfortunately I just cam across this but I ind it extremely helpful. I am totally stoked about the G&L thing. Awesome! ! ! ! !

8. EADG mx

EADG mx

Jul 4, 2005
    Under custom builders you forgot Conklin

they have no upcharge

9. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    thanks for the input. I will get it added as soon as I am recovered from my hip resurfacing surgery of this past Monday. The surgery went well and I should be back to full speed in a couple of weeks.

10. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Great job!!! Get well soon!!

11. phunku

phunku

Jan 9, 2008
    London, England
  12. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Just go to the main site and look up left-handed basses. Most of them are Schecter (it's their specialty).

They've rearranged their site recently.

13. EADG mx

EADG mx

Jul 4, 2005
    still needs to be added. Just trying to help out my fellow lefties.

14. southpaw420

southpaw420

Aug 25, 2007
    i think its pretty cool that someone actually thought to make a thread like this. i wish i could have seen it like a year ago.

15. I recently purchased a Squier "Lefty" P-Bass, I found I couldn't play my dad's right hand Jazz Bass (Of course neither can he, he's a lefty too.)

My only regret I guess about having to play "lefty" is the lack of selection when it comes to upgrading instruments.

Long live southpaws!

16. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  17. 4 Out of 5

4 Out of 5

Oct 6, 2017
    Hi Lefties. Can anyone recommend a source for a good and cheap left handed bass kit, or even just the body?
    I'd ideally want a 4 string J or MM pickup body, as I already have a P bass.
    I'm in New Zealand, so it will likely be cheaper for it to be shipped to me directly from China rather than USA/Europe.
    Cheers