Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lessons, will any lessons do me good?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Oct 19, 2004.

1. I've been playing a while. I was self taught for about two years and finally decided to get some lessons after I hit a wall in my playing and wanted to find out the "meaning of it all". After searching for decent lesson prices and reading instructor backgrounds I found I lived near Adam Nitti :D , and was eventually lucky enough to take lessons from him . Well I moved :bawl: and am now at another wall in my playing and feel like I could benefit from some more lessons.

So, my question is whether or not any lessons are good lessons. I'm not talking technique, Adam corrected that and wouldn't let me learn anything else until my technique met his standards, but I need to learn theory, sight reading, and just get some more musical training. Obviously I can benefit from anyone who knows more than me, but does it really matter who you're taught by?

2. No it doesn't matter who teaches you lesson's provided they have a sound knowledge in music theory
    I got great theory and soloing tips from a sax player although a bass player would be a benefit in a technical aspect
    If you search on this site there could be sites on music theory
    Boy are you lucky to get lesson's from ADAM Damn I wish I lived in the states
    Remember once you've been shown the information the next step is to absorb it in a way that you can understand it
    So good luck on finding a GOOD Teacher