1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lets hear some Roscoes!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Mar 25, 2006.

1. So I GAS for a Roscoe everyday....but I've never played one let alone heard one by itself. They claim to be masters of tone...so lets hear it. anyone feel like postin' a clip puhleeeease?:hyper:

2. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Don't know how to download my basses on the computer, but here's a bump.

3. I'm sure other people want to hear some too, so...I'ma give this one another nudge...(bump):)

4. anyone?!!! (bumb)!!:confused:

5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
  6. i've heard that, i wanna hear other people's.

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    You're welcome? :meh:

8. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    www.kevinburnes.com goto sounds then Melange. 2nd set in particular. Roscoe lg5 through iAMP 800 w/2 cxl112s.
    Enjoy.
    P.S. The other bass is a Guild Ashbory.

9. I was in the same boat...Played a Tobias for the first time last year, and really liked it, until I started hearing the horror stories about the ones Gibson made. Started really looking around, and narrowed the field to 2 custom luthiers, an MTD or Roscoe. Played the MTDs and a Roscoe for the first time this past Monday while out of town...and didn't want to put the Roscoe down...kept coming back to it. Now the final four are down to two - indy luthier or Roscoe (I guess Keith's an indy luthier too...but more and more stores are carrying his products).

If you're GASsing for one, I guarantee you'll be hooked whenever you play one. Then the GAS pain is intensified until you get one.

10. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
  11. The only problem is that the closest store that carries Roscoe's is almost 3 hours away...unless anyone knows of one closer to the SF bay area..

12. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    awesome clips man :D

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
  14. if you search the tom bowlus GTG theres a clip of i think Mikebass playing a roscoe. its pretty sick too, sounds awesome.

15. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX

The closest Roscoe dealer to me is 5+ hours away.
    I would trust the mp3's (do you hear tones that you like?) and the testimonies of other players. If you have specific questions, Keith and Gard at Roscoe can answer them.

And you know what?...if you just "hate" the bass, someone will buy it because they're great basses.

16. There is a dealer in Rancho Cordova (Sacramento area) and another in Dublin (west bay).

If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to e-mail or PM me anytime.

:)

17. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Thanks, dude. ;)

Liam

18. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX

It's funny...I hear that from bandleaders and the audience all the time.

;)

19. poptart

poptart Commercial User

Sep 13, 2005
    UK
    Owner: Bass Direct
    Adrian - nice work...now on my ipod thanks:) Hope you don't mind.

20. Basso Gruvitas!!! I now have that little number on my office computer! That was moving (I happen to have heard that number sung but not just as an instrumental) any more (recordings)?