Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lets talk mic cords.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, May 27, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well my band needs to invest in some decent mic cords. For PA and some demo recording. We dont need some obscene monster cords. But some thing that is in the "sweet spot" in regards to the price bang for the buck curve. Any brands/models to check out. Also good sources.

Thanx all
    Keep it low

2. I use a Monster microphone cable, have had it for 10+ years, it has seen more than 1,000 gigs and it is as good as the day I bought it. I didn't intend to buy it but the music store didn't have anything else long enough and I was on the way to a gig and needed a cable, so... I will say that it is always good to have cables that you don't have to worry about and, in the long run, you save money. I don't know about "better sound" or any of that crap but it is EXTREMELY tough.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Bang for the buck? Make mine Belden 8412 cable, Switchcraft or Neutrik connectors, and a soldering iron. Mogami and Canare cable is arguably nicer than 8412, but the Belden stands up to some pretty wild abuse, and is the standard for a reason.

Try Markertek.com for cables and connectors, they'll make anything you want for a reasonable price. It's pretty easy to learn to roll your own though.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

I hear you on Monster cables. But man do they cost a lot when you have to buy (10) 20 foot cables.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ok not sure how to take that. Yes Proco or Proco hahahahahha!!!

7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Take it as yes, I vote for ProCo cables. They are durable, well made, sound good, are inexpensive. They make me a better person for using them and I smile because of this. :smug: