1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lifeline: new bridge, adjusters or new pup?

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by Spruce n' Strings, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Based on other threads and the sound of my bass, I really want to try the Lifeline pickup. I don't think this will work given the wide (3/4 in) diameter of my wooden bridge adjusters. If this is the case, what options do you all recommend? Should I get a new bridge? Should I just get smaller adjuster? If so, is wood better than metal? What considerations do I need to make?
    Thanks everyone.

2. There is a version for thicker adjuster threads out. Might not fit every adjuster, but asking doesn't hurt...

3. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Are the solid POSTS of the adjusters 3/4"? Unfortunately, that will be far too large for even the "large" Lifeline, which can't be widened without damaging it.

lifelinemeasure.

DC Bass likes this.
  4. Thanks Mark. Not the posts. I have yet to raise them up enough to see how wide they are. I was worried that the width of the adjuster itself might be to wide to allow the lifeline to fit all the way onto the post. Does that make sense?

5. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    That shouldn't be a problem, there's a pretty good amount of width there, as you can see/estimate.