Lightest weight cover

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by downunder, Jan 22, 2023.

1. downunder

downunder

Aug 25, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I have a lemur flyaway bass. Broken down and in the box it’s under 50 pounds but not by much. Looking for a lightweight cover I can take with. Any suggestions?

2. This a need that as far as I know is unfulfilled. This might be closest:
    ContraCover

downunder likes this.
  3. turf3

turf3

Sep 26, 2011
    Buy a super cheap used one and strip out all the padding, cut off the pockets and handles?

downunder likes this.
  4. Assuming it is same issue as I have, that is still too big for anything but an overnight flight with clothes, merch possibly an amp head and cables + bow(s) taking up all the luggage and carry on space. My current solution is just breaking down and building up the Chadwick. Any sort of bag would be nice, when say flying to the east coast or Europe and then moving around by train.

downunder likes this.
  5. downunder

downunder

Aug 25, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Just bought an old canvas bass cover used fo $45 shipped. will see what it looks like and weighs when it arrives.

6. downunder

downunder

Aug 25, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I saw those in my search. Kind of interesting idea but $185 is a little steep

damonsmith likes this.
  7. Those old Artisan Case Company covers are the lightest I know of. If you’d have raised the subject last week I would have given you the one I gave away with a bass I just sold.

downunder likes this.
  8. downunder

downunder

Aug 25, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Thanks anyway. I’ll look for Artisan Case Company.

9. Earl

Earl Supporting Member

I have one that Mooradian used to make (under the David Gage brand) that I used to use for my Chadwick. Very thin and lightweight, no padding at all.

damonsmith likes this.
  10. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Gollihur has a nice light cover.

11. Artisan went under decades ago.

downunder likes this.
  12. Not light enough to have in luggage for a travel bass!