Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Limited edition....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardolph, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The Geddy Lee, which I'm considering getting, is a limited edition bass so eventually fender won't make them anymore. Do they give any warning as to when they are going to discontinue a product or am I just gonna get online one day and find out they are not available anymore? The way I'd get one is for my dad's store to order one directly from fender, and that probably wouldn't be possible even right after they were discontinued, right?

2. There will be no warning. One day it will be on the pricelist, and then when the next pricelist comes out...it wont be there. Thats exactly what happened to me when i first tried to order the Steve Harris sig.
    But i eventually got a used one...so all turned out good :D

3. I find this to be the case and then you will have to look for someone who still has one hanging around.

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Hmmm, well it turns out I'll probably just be building a jazz afterall. Speaking of which, progress pictures of the fretless I'm building will be coming soon so I'll post those for everyone to see.