1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 hd750 head with seperate cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cjliendo, May 30, 2012.

1. Cjliendo

Cjliendo

May 30, 2012
    Iv played guitar for over 7 years now, and Iv been playing the bass for about a year now, and really dont know too much about heads and cabs. On craigslist a head is for sale for 225, its a line 6 hd 750. Valued at 500. Practicly new. Would I be able to put this head on a peavey cab no problem connected and everything. I know its a newbie question but id rather ask then spend 300 on a cab that for some reason wont configure with the head, thanks

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    As long as it's a bass cab, no problem. Guitar cabs can't take bass.

3. Cjliendo

Cjliendo

May 30, 2012
    Thanks for answering the question, I think im gonna go for this head but I dont know weather it is recomended you know, if its crap or if it will suffice. Does anyone know anything about the line 6 hd750. All I know is that it was discontinued

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    I never liked it, to be honest. I don't care for digital processing in inexpensive amps. It's like listening to a low bitrate MP3 compared to a CD.

5. Cjliendo

Cjliendo

May 30, 2012
    Well I could always just keep it on the clean channel with some pedals right? Or is this like the vox vt series guitar amps where its limited to only the effects it has with no other pedals besides a footswitch?

6. +1 to Jimmy's comment about cheap digital modeling.

For your budget there are better used options out there.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    The clean channel is still digitally processed. Hey, some folks dig those Line 6 amps, so I won't try to talk you out of it if you have your heart set on it, but personally I'd rather have an analog amp with one really superb basic sound and some EQ capabilities and add to that with effects, instead of an amp loaded with effects and several decent but not great sounds.

8. Cjliendo

Cjliendo

May 30, 2012
    Thanks for opening up my eyes. Iv only heard the sound of it online, but in this case ill keep searching. Thanks for the help!

9. Cjliendo

Cjliendo

May 30, 2012
    Any of you guys have recomendations for either a combo or stack? For shows in restaurants and bars. I was thinking about the peavey tour tnt, max 600 watts but alone I think its like 300 watts