1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Little Mark or Microtubes?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FLV, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Little Mark III

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Microtubes 900

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. FLV

FLV

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm looking for a ligthweight, reliable and versatile amp to use together with my Markbass 102p 4ohm cab. I mostl While browsing through offers I've found a new LM III head for around 526$. I've used a LM II before and I did like it a lot (partially for it's neutral tone), however it died on in the middle of a gig. Granted, I've bought it used, but still.

There is another possibility though - I've found an almost new Microtubes 900, still under warranty and used maybe once or twice. I love Darkglass, I've used their effects and preamps before and I know their products are rock solid. The question is - isn't it a bit of an overkill when taking my cab into consideration?

2. Yes it is overkill, but used sensibly it'll be fine and if you get another 4 ohm 102p and use the 900 at its 2 ohm setting you'll have a rig capable of most gigs.

FLV likes this.
  3. FLV

FLV

Sep 14, 2013
    I've read that it can be switched to work like a 500. So that might be useful as well for my current needs.

4. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    I have been using my LMIII since 09' and never had one issue.

FLV likes this.
  5. I vote DG. Having a B3k and Vintage built in is a winner.

FLV likes this.
  6. FLV

FLV

Sep 14, 2013
    The problem is I already have the B3k in a pedal version. But still, this might be an option. I'm curious which one has a better power amp.