Live Mic or DI

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Creep, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    I just purchased an Orange AD200B and am debating weither I am going to mic it or use a DI and I though I would through it out here to see what you all had to say. (sorry if I posted this in the wrong place) Also what mics are good to use for live bass. Thanks. :bassist:
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yep.... wrong place.. Don't worry.. Our friendly neighborhood mods will put it in the correct place soon..
  3. Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    If someone could tell me where to posted it I will move it. Thanks
  4. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    recordings maybe?
  5. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I like to run a DI, most people like to mic it, you may want to use a D112
  6. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI me is the best way to go. We run 2 18" subs and 2 15's with horns. With the DI it's like my lows are hardwired through the 18's and my bass just blows away whereever I play and it helps with punch. The mic gives me my tone and growl and helps with my highs. I run an Eden Wt-800 into an Ampeg 4x10 cab so I have great stage tone too. In combination as far as "do it yourself" sound with average PA gear and bass gear it's the best way to go for tone and control...from what I have found. Make sure you use a good mic made for low end applications. :bassist:
  7. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    AD200B...Drool....Drool.........Drool.....oh yeah, sorry about that. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get one? I was told there is a mad waiting list.

Anyway about the DI. I was planning on micing my cab, but lately we have been recording practice and I have just taken the DI out of my 400+ and I have been pleasently surprised. I would say try them both out (mic and DI) and see what you think. As stated earlier if you can use both, do so. Certainly use both in a recording session.
  8. Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    I got it from a vintage shop in So Cal. It's brand new and I was just in the right place at the right time