Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LiveJournal

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petary791, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I know, it's pathetic, but how many of you guys have these? I've got one. Linkage.

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Heh. I wonder if anyone on TB remembers all the crap I got into because of mine! All that got solved, though. I deleted the topic, cleaned up the journal, and put it on Friends Only...phew. It was looking pretty rough for a bit, though.

FWIW, mine's www.livejournal.com/users/govithoy -- but like I said, it's on Friends Only.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  4. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/fraser_romeo/

I use it to keep in touch with people that have quit my work or moved away. Theres some funny bar stories in there about a tough guy and a really easy girl. Some of the stuff is only funny though if you know the whole story

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    They didn't have these when I was 15.

-Mike

7. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I have a LiveJournal. http://www.livejournal.com/users/dincrest.

It's an open LJ that I use mostly as a place to post my essays for people to read rather than as a day to day journal. Hence it's updated somewhat sporadically. I can be pretty critical of my writing, so there have been times I went months without writing. During 2002-2003, I was using CrimsonBlog as my host, but in September 2004, I transferred my old weblog over to LiveJournal.

My latest entry is me pondering the concept of magic.

My main caveat is that while I want people to read my writings and comment on them, I prefer if people are civil (i.e. don't be an a-hole to other posters) and don't use too much profanity (since many family members such as my mom, along with educators and other professionals read my journal.)

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    eh. maddox has been angrier.

this thread has been done before, i think.

my response the first time around: yeah, i have one. no, i'm not going to link it.

9. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
  10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    a couple other people here have livejournals, too.

and here's the url: www.talkbass.com.

;) :D

11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    :D :D :D

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Okay, I have a question for anyone here using xanga. My webpage www.kiefo.com has received over 100 hits from xanga, and I am curious as to which one of you may have linked from there.

Since I haven't really finished my website at all, I have not actively begun trying to get people to visit it. In that regard, talkbass is about the only play I've linked to it from. Just the other day I was checking out my logs for bandwidth usage records and I noticed that I've had almost 200 hits from 2 different xanga links. However, when I try to follow the links, it yields nothing of interest.