1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

London 02 Academy!!!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by kyral210, Mar 24, 2009.

1. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    Ok, im due to play the O2 Academy Islington in a few weeks time. This is a big gig and I want to truly nail it! So, here I am for advice. My gear is:

Schecter C5 Bass (EMG 40P5, 40J pickups)
    Acoustic Guitar with a Seymour Duncan Woody HC pickup
    EH Switchblade
    Korg DT-10 Tuner
    EH Big Muff
    Boss ODB-3 Overdrive
    Ibanez Delay
    Line 6 Bass Pod Xt

I usually run my pod strait to the PA and use monitors as my on stage 'amp'.

Please please please can I have some advice one getting ready and performing at this very large venue!

:bassist:

2. GregShadoan

GregShadoan

Sep 1, 2008
    Oregon
    Nothing on their website indicates what kind of monitors they have, but in the gallery pics, I see a line array, so my guess is that they have a decent monitor system. If possible, advance with the HS person, and let them know what your normal operating mode is. They should be able to accomidate you. If not, try before hand, to aqquire and qualify a small amp that will fit your needs. If I were you, I would just try and do it as normal as possible. Some venues however, may not be too keen on running bass through their wedges. Be prepared for that.

Edit: Having looked over their schedule a bit, I see Toots and the Maytals, as well as Fishbone, which I happen to know from personal experience use MAD bass and kick everywhere, so you should be fine with you setup. :)
    Have fun, and relax....

3. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    I've been there a couple of times but I'll be damned if I know anything about the system there. Though last time I went it was the Carling Academy. Maybe it's changed now?

4. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    It only changed name recently, and the Carling/ O2 thing is just the sponsor, so doesn't change the management or sound setup.