1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Look what I'm getting.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MJ5150, Mar 23, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG]

I pick it up Sunday. I got it from a local guy over at the Pit. I am pretty excited. Kind of nervous also. All I have right now are Epifani cabs. I hope this cab will mix well with them. Epi 112's, and a 210 are what I use now. I loaned out my iAMP500 to a fellow TB'er, but when I get it back, I'll take this baby for a test drive. Maybe I'll even hook it up with an Epi 112.

So Bergie Boys......what can I expect compared to the 112, and 210 NYC series from Epifani? I have never heard a Bergie in person. I bought this cab solely on what I read here at TB.

-Mike

2. I can't tell you how it compares to an Epi, but man, I just love the sound I get out of my HT 210! It gets nice sweet highs (sparkley, but not overly so) and has tons of low end.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive heard good things about that cab

4. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    nice. I bet the jazz bass I picked up from you would sound sweet through that!:bassist:

5. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I played a Zon Sonus 5 through one. It was incredible. The two just seemed to compliment eachother. It was almost as if the neck was made of wood. Warm, tight, articulate, with a very well balanced top end. And handles a B like nobody's business.

6. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah! We'll have to hook up after I get it and find out! I'll give you a call.

-Mike

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I bet that thing will sound fantastic!

8. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I hope you're right, or I'm suing TalkBass for giving me the GAS to buy this! :D

-Mike

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice! :)

10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'm anxious to hear how it sounds paired up with my Epi NYC112.

-Mike

11. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    That should sound really nice. One of my favorite combinations is the T-112 (same cab as your NYC-112) with an HT112. This might be in the same general ballpark.

Tom.

12. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Mate, I have never seen that cab before, cause I'm a noo-b.
    But that looks freakin sexy.
    It would give a dog a bone!
    Enjoy.

13. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Or....I could get the HT112 if I like this 210, and I would be on the SAME field. :D

-Mike

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I really love all of Jim's cabs, but they each have their own personality. The HT210S, to my ears, is one of his more punchy sounding design, and it has a strong midrange presence. Compared to the larger (and now discontinued HT210), the HT210S does not go as deep, and does not seem as crisp on top, but it does have a more focused midrange, and of course, it's a lot lighter. I've never actually directly A/B'd an HT112 to an HT210S, but that might make for a very close comparison.

IME, all Bergantino cabs are good, just varying shades of good. :)

Tom.

15. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    When I bought my HT210s, it was between those two cabs. I thought the UL210 had a nicer lowend, but felt the HT210s had more even response. Both were great cabs, but I felt the sound of the Bergie was closer to what I was looking for.

16. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Congrats on your Berg. Match that cab up with a EX112S
    smoking :bassist:

17. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well, I have it. I met up with a really cool dude over at the Pit today and picked it up.

First impression......this thing is small! Wow, I was blown away by the small size. It looks so nice too. You can tell it was put together well, with good materials.

Second impressions......at this moment, I have none. Yeah, I know. I don't have a bass to try it out dangit!!! I guess I'll hook it up to my home theater system or my sons electronic drum kit.

-Mike

18. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I saw that cab listed at the 'Pit right after you bought it. :(

If, for any reason, it doesn't "do it" for you, let me know. :D

Home Theater, huh? Sounds like we have similar interests:

TheaterFront.

If you're ever headed down to Portland, shoot me a PM. :)

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    oh good grief... :eek:

20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Nice setup bro. I am a total neat and clean freak, so all of our home theater equipment is installed in the wall. Nothing sits on the floor, no cables showing anywhere. All of the equipment sits in a rack, inside the wall. I ran some sweet fiber optic light strips to add some ambience to the room.

It's going to be a battle between Epifani and Bergantino to see who is the alpha male of bass cabs in my house. I may keep both, but I doubt it. I don't like the mix and match look. If the Bertgies lose out, I'll let you know. We usually make it down to P-Town once every couple months.

-Mike