Looking fopr Luthier

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Whit Townsend, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Sorry to bombard yall w/posts but I just found this board and need some good advice.

Can anybody reccommend a good luthier w/in a days drive of extreme SE Alabama? My old kay needs a professional overhaul.
  2. Whit,

Welcome to TB. You will find that this is a fantastic source of information for those of us from out in the sticks to draw on.

With regards to you luthier question, have you checked Bob Gollihur's luthier directory? Not to say that every luthier in the country is listed, but a lot of them are.

I would also direct your attention to the newbie links at the top of each forum page. While I doubt you are new to the UB, you will find lots of information that would answer many of a new member's questions.
  3. Thanks Steve,
    Yes I looked at the directory, closest one is Tampa or Atlanta (to far). Hoping to locate someone in Southwest Ga or FL panhandle.
  4. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    You would think there'd be somebody in Mobile or Tallahassee, but I don't know of any. The closest good bass shop I know of is indeed in Atlanta.

Hey future bass luthiers looking for a place to hang your shingle: Like sunny weather and southern hospitality? Take a look at those two towns.