1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a 1x10 SS amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabazz, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Gabazz

Gabazz

Mar 17, 2018
    Just as the title, I'm looking for a 1x10 SS amp. Something that sounds good but is also good enough for a band at low volume.

I do not need too much volume as the drummer I play with has a gentle touch, and I just ordered some low volume cymbals and drum heads for our practice space.

I would like the amp to be 1x10 and SS to have a different voice from my Ampeg PF20T tube head with its 1x15 sealed matching cab. I would like a new amp so I do not have to carry the Ampeg from my upstairs recording space to the downstairs band rehearsal space each time. But Occasionally if the PF20T does not work for the project I'm working on, I could record the new amp - hence the 1x10 SS.

I do not care if it is a head and cab format or a combo, but I do not want to overspend so I'd like to keep it in the €350 budget.

2. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Fender
    GK
    Ampeg
    So many more
    Pick your flavor

3. Gabazz

Gabazz

Mar 17, 2018
    The price is €350 because that is the price of the Fender Rumble studio 40W which I am very tempted to get. I know it is not a true SS amp but it seems like a nice modelling amp.

I know that I should get what sounds best to me, but I look for gear from an electric guitar player. In fact, I did this mistake with my first acoustic.

I'm all ears for suggestions on which amp model people around here tend to like?

4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    I like the SWR Workingman’s 10. Clean and gets quite loud for a small box. Pretty inexpensive on the used market.

5. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Where are you located?
    The used market in Timbuktu will be different than the used market in Hollywood.

6. GrapeBass

GrapeBass

Jun 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Graphic designer: Yorkville Sound
    Traynor SB110, I believe they're available in Europe, but not 100% sure.
    Traynor Amps