Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for a bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by misfitsfan138, Jul 4, 2004.

1. misfitsfan138

misfitsfan138

Jul 4, 2004
    I'm looking for a stand up bass player for a psychobilly band. They can't be too old lol, have to live in Kansas. If anyone is interested, either reply or email at this adress. Kennyisawsome@yahoo.com :D :bassist:

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh heh

-gets bucket of popcorn- :hyper:

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Being that it was the guy's first post AND so over the top, you might have wasted your kernels...

4. misfitsfan138

misfitsfan138

Jul 4, 2004
    Im a guitar player, and hey if you think about it, its not THAT over the top. Where else am i gonna look? lol

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    The 'over the top' remark was more in the way that you worded your ad. Plus the fact that it was your first post at TB. Plus there a lot of 'Old Dudes' here, Super Dave.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That's it. I'm packin' up the wife and kids, sellin' the house in Maui, and headin' for KANSAS!

Oh wait, I'm underqualified. I'm balding.

7. Is a five string double bass ok?

8. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Only if you can play it behind your head like Hendrix!

9. Maybe we should recommend our Conservative Midwestern Luthier--he's in KC and I think psychobilly would be right up his alley.

10. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That counts me out; it aggravates my hernia.

11. Get the beer!!
    I love that Norton custom stuff but not on my bass...

12. Beautiful Steve...Oh Bob

13. misfitsfan138

misfitsfan138

Jul 4, 2004
    The funny thing is, I can play a lot of stuff behind my head, "like Hendrix" I play a lot of it too, and hey mabye ill change my mind about the "old" thing, lol. It's just I'm a lil young and I don't know if a bunch of old dudes would want to play with me.
    Kenny

14. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    HOW YOUNG ARE YOU? I am pretty sure M J is looking for a 'lil young" guitarist :eek: :D

He would prolly love to "play with you"!!

And he will probably looking for a move to a new state soon!

15. misfitsfan138

misfitsfan138

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah that was kinda of gross way to put it but im serious, I really am looking for a bass player, but i guess thats alrighty go ahead and crack jokes,
    kenny

16. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
  17. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Sorry, SPITHITSTHEFANAT138MPH, we're just havin' some fun witcha. We pickin' on ourselves too, cuz we so damn old .

There's a link to a rockabilly site from Bob Gollihur's website, my ancient brain can't summon up the URL right now.Maybe they can help you find what you need.

Have fun.

18. misfitsfan138

misfitsfan138

Jul 4, 2004
    Thanks for the link, Ill still keep checking on this site just incase there is anyone out there..
    Kenny