1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for advice on Spector EuroLX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Conan85, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Conan85

Conan85

Sep 2, 2019
    UK
    Hi everyone

I ordered a Euro4LX to my local store, and the asking price is £2149.
    I’m confused as I can’t seem to find anyone else selling them for that price.
    I believe it’s from the 2016 models, it’s trans matte black, black hardware and has EMG active P/J pickups.
    I’m curious if Euro4 LX basses prices vary greatly, pending on what year they’re from?

Cheers

2. Is that a low price? A 2016 bass is already 3 years old and should be discounted. Also, I would think the matte black finish and hardware should cost less, as the finish is much less labor intensive and the hardware is not gold-plated.

3. Conan85

Conan85

Sep 2, 2019
    UK
    I didn’t realise matte finish and black hardware is considered less expensive. That’s really helpful to know, thank you!

It turns out that the serial number is NB15, which makes it a 2018 model.
    I guess that justifies the price?
    In your opinion, is there a significant difference between 2016 and 2018 euro LX’s?
    If there isn’t, I could save a lot of money

5. Mastodon2

Mastodon2

Feb 27, 2008
    Spector have made a few changes over the last few years, they offer more preamp and pickup options than they did but from what I can see, the prices don't vary wildly from one model to another. Around the £1900 - £2100 bracket seems about right, depending on where you buy from. Check out Bassdirect if you haven't already.

6. There are no significant differences that I am aware of. I do know that Spector offers both EMG and Bartolini pickups, depending on color choice. I am not a Bartolini fan. As far as the color and hardware finish, that was just speculation on my part. Matte Black SHOULD cost less, but may not. Good luck! I love my Euro!

7. Conan85

Conan85

Sep 2, 2019
    UK
    It’s interesting you mention Bassdirect because they seem to be the most expensive.
    You speculated the prices vary from £1900-£2100, but I’ve found countless Euro4 LX’s online for £1650, £1700, etc... On one website, it shows the serial number, which is from 2017, and it’s £1800, with EMG P/J pickups. Could the 2018 be worth an extra £300?

8. Conan85

Conan85

Sep 2, 2019
    UK
    The one I tried, to me, is perfection. It was EMG P/J, so I’d probably agree with you.
    Appreciate the advice

9. Mastodon2

Mastodon2

Feb 27, 2008
    Sorry, I missed the bit about the PJ and I thought you were looking for a five string. My bad, the fives are more expensive.

10. Conan85

Conan85

Sep 2, 2019
    UK
    I really appreciate the help, thank you!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020