1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking for closed-gear Gibson bass tuners...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MarshallLaw, Mar 9, 2010.

1. So, on my '69 Gibson EB-0, two of the tuners are not original. i'd like to find some that match the originals that are on it. ive looked around the internet and eBay to no avail.
    part11b.jpg
    part11a.jpg
    apparently they were cheap Japanese tuners that were mainly used on "budget" (Kalamazoo and Melody Maker) basses, and were rarely used on EB-0s.

i'm not holding out much hope, and i'll probably just end up replacing all four of them with elephant ear tuners, but i figured i couldnt hurt to asK: anyone know where i can get some of these tuners?

2. Fly Guitars

Fly Guitars

Dec 29, 2008
    These come up all the time on ebay.

Look for someone parting out a Kalamazoo KB bass (a semi-regular occurance)

Seriously, give it a month or two and some will come up!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020