1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking for good compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cjones1136, May 31, 2012.

1. cjones1136

cjones1136

May 31, 2012
    I have an ampeg classic tube head and 8/10 cabnet . right now im only running a korg dtr 1000 tuner in my rack but would like to add a good compressor . I hear the dbx 166xl is a great one but before i buy wanted to hear some feed back . Am i on the right track going that rought .

2. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    http://www.ovnilab.com/

That link will lead you to everything you need to know and has already been asked many times. Have fun with the research!

3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Why is this not a sticky?

>implying noobs read stickies in the first place

4. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Fixt.

But, in fairness, the search function in TB can lead to a lot of false hits. And not everyone's Google-fu is strong.

5. For as long as I've been here, I've wondered about a search engine on a bass forum that won't recognize the word 'bass.'

And so I can't be accused of derailing the thread's original intent...the early BBE Opto Stomp (the non-moustache/monocle version) is an incredible value and well worth looking for.

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Actually I think there is a link in the one big sticky thread, but that sticky is kinda hard to read and use.

7. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    I know right!!! I must have seen the link to bongos page posted a hundred times on talkbass.. surely were to read about good compressors would have sunk into the talkbass members minds!

8. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    I think we need a petition to make bongos site a sticky!!

9. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Program the site to respond to posts with 'compressor' in the title, to prompt the user: "This new thread appears to be about compressors. Have you read <bongo's site> to see if that answers your questions first?"