Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for improvement

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FourStrings88, Apr 6, 2005.

1. FourStrings88

FourStrings88

Apr 17, 2003
    Hey Everyone

I am 15 and have been playing bass for about 2 years maybe.But I feel I havent really improved I dont feel like I have been playing for two years I know most of my theory and of course I am still learning and my teacher is great and we are learning from a book again(volume#2).But latley I feel I am not improving I need something that will help me improve on my playing.Making up certain "Grooves" for a guitar riff.
    I think I just REALLY possibly need some inspiration I need something but I dunno know what.I am sorry If I am not making sense but it is hard to explain I love my bass and love music and I want to do the thing I love and be good at what I do.If you know what the problem is or know of something I can use let me know

THANKS!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Start by working on your run ons :p. The #1 learning experience you can have is simply listening. Listen to a lot of music, listen to yourself and your band, and establish a groove by just listening. Playing with a diverse group of people will also teach you a lot. Groove making comes with time. It's just like love making, which you'll discover in a few years. You got to give it your best shot and try to go along with it. Hopefully no one will be dissapointed :p.