Looking for improvement

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FourStrings88, Apr 6, 2005.

1. FourStrings88

FourStrings88

Apr 17, 2003
    Hey Everyone

I am 15 and have been playing bass for about 2 years maybe.But I feel I havent really improved I dont feel like I have been playing for two years I know most of my theory and of course I am still learning and my teacher is great and we are learning from a book again(volume#2).But latley I feel I am not improving I need something that will help me improve on my playing.Making up certain "Grooves" for a guitar riff.
    I think I just REALLY possibly need some inspiration I need something but I dunno know what.I am sorry If I am not making sense but it is hard to explain I love my bass and love music and I want to do the thing I love and be good at what I do.If you know what the problem is or know of something I can use let me know

THANKS!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Start by working on your run ons :p. The #1 learning experience you can have is simply listening. Listen to a lot of music, listen to yourself and your band, and establish a groove by just listening. Playing with a diverse group of people will also teach you a lot. Groove making comes with time. It's just like love making, which you'll discover in a few years. You got to give it your best shot and try to go along with it. Hopefully no one will be dissapointed :p.