1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Synth/Keyboard Information

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Dec 23, 2006.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    I probably won't get alot of help from this forum, but I own an Alesis QS7 synthesizer that I use mainly for church work (it has awesome organ sounds!). However, my band I've only played bass in is starting to incorporate country/slow tunes that will require me to switch over to piano. Well, the acoustic piano sounds on my Alesis suck! I don't want to get a different keyboard as I don't want to sacrifice the organ sounds I currently have and want to keep. Alesis makes an expansion card, but I've heard the piano sounds on it aren't much better than the stock. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive sound module that contains decent acoustic piano sounds? The Roland digital piano I play at my church has a decent piano sound for being over 10 years old, so I've been looking at used SC-55 sound modules that came out in 1991.

Are there any forums for synth users that are similar to Talkbass? Hope there are a few fellow synth players on this board that can help me out!

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ