looking for tailcoats under $200

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ~Ethan~, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    I was wondering if any of you knew where I could find (online) tailcoats for under $200. I know they're tuxes and are going to be pricey but I don't want to spent that much if I don't have to.
    There isn't really a special occasion or anything just me and a friend want one. We like to be different. lol

I am going to a symphony at the end of february though which it would be nice to have one for that. (It's actually video game music orchestrated. Shh!:bag:)

I'll keep searching myself but if you guys find anything I'll appreciate it.
    Thanks!

2. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    This is has always worked for me at any formal occasion:

vinny1.jpg

3. Mr. Gambini are you mocking me with that outfit?

4. Tux rental places often sell off their older stock at fairly low prices. Might want to check some of those places out.

5. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    :rolleyes:

6. Bingo

7. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    "You on druuuuugs Mr Gambini?"

"What is a yewt?"

8. Check out a vintage clothes store. You can get some tailcoats cheap there.

9. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    Thanks for the tips!

So far the cheapest place I could find was ebay.:rolleyes:
    I found one dealer there that I'm considering buying from but I'm a little confused on his sizing chart.

He has numbers from 36 to 64 and letters under them. S, R, and L for short regular and long. And that's it. Are the numbers how long it is? I would like more measurements than that. Like chest width and so forth to make sure it will fit.
    :help: please.

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    The number is how many inches around your chest it is. The letter is how long it is.

11. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    Ok thanks! I looked at another dealer and his char helped me determine which length I need so now I get the numbers and letters. Thanks again.:cool:

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021