Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for the bottom end

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stumpy, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Hey there fellow bottom dwellers :ninja:

I have an Eden Metro. Love it. But I just got a Yamaha TRB5 and the low B is not as full as I would like to hear it.

What cabs can both bring out the low end and compliment the current Metro setup?

Help???

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    My favorite cabs at the moment are Acme LowBs. They really crank out the lowend, but the problem would be that the metro would severely underpower them.

3. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    You've opened a can of worms that will let you hear about how just about every cab on the planet is better than the next. I suggest you contact Eden and see what they suggest first then find a dealer and try whatever cab they suggest before you buy it. Another suggestion since you're not happy with the way the Eden sounds now is get rid of it and get something else comparable in size that will do what you want. If you're dead set on getting another cab and another Eden cab doesn't work here's a list of some of the better cabs on the market:

Euphonic Audio
    Bergantino
    AccuGroove
    Acme
    Aguilar
    Bag End
    Epifani

If you go the additional cab route, be sure and try it out first if possible to be sure it sounds with your Metro.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I would HIGHLY recommend the Eden 210XST.

It an efficient cab unlike the ACME but has awesome low end just like one.

Im currently using two 210XST cabs and Im loving it.

Call up Gard at Bass Central and he'll take care if you.

Peace
    Nick

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    2nd that!

6. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Maybe an Eden 15"? It would give you the booty that the 210's are lacking. Or try an Eden 210XLT. I tried the 210XST and the 210XLT and wound up buying the XLT. The "midrange hump" of the XLT gave me more of the sound I was after.

7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    The speakers in the Metro will give the mid-bump and the XST will give the powerful lowend.

Should sound good together.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What he said.

The Metro is a head built on top of an 210XLT cab.

Adding another 210XLT cab will help, but adding a 210XST will give you nice low end.

Peace
    Nick

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yup, but I went back and fixed it so now its all good.

Peace
    Nick