looking to buy a metronome, help!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bassmonkey144, Feb 12, 2005.

1. hey guys, wondering if you could help me out on this. im looking for a metronome, with all the standard stuff, but I also want it to do beats on 1 and 3, and 2 and 4. Now that sounds like a reasonable thing for a metronome to do right? But everywhere I've looked, I can't find one that does this. Thats reasonably priced anyway. 30 bucks is about my limit. thanks.
  2. u should get the KORG METRONOME MA-30. it great it does everything you want and more. it acents diffrent note values and my favorite volume and mute button. Its about $20 bucks
  3. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    If a metronome can't click on 2 & 4 or whatever, just set the BPM at half the tempo you want, and pretend...
  4. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    You can also download a metronome to use on your computer. My favorite is weird metronome. It is totally free and handy for setting up beats in odd time signatures.
  5. thanks for all the help guys. ill give the metronome program a try. i might buy a metronome anyway, so i can use it during jazz band, etc.
  6. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I have used a very simple Sabine quartz metronone for years. Runs on a nine volt. Goes from 40 to 208 BPM. It is one of the best investments in my playing I have ever made.