looking to buy Ampeg V4b!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassiah, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Bassiah

Bassiah

Dec 25, 2011
    Hello! I have been upgrading my equipment a bit lately and my next step is my head.

I have been searching high and low to find a V4b but for some reason I keep coming up short.

If anyone is looking to sell or knows where i could get my hands on one please let me know!! Thank you! :)

2. Keep checking ebay and your local craigslist. There are usually some on ebay, just be patient and they will pop up in not too long.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    V4B's aren't super common, but they do pop up for sale pretty regularly. Just have a little patience with it.

4. Bassiah

Bassiah

Dec 25, 2011
  5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    i've thought about selling mine since i rarely use it and i generally require more power/headroom, but i just can't seem to part with it after i went completely thru it and restored to inside and out to factory specs and installed all NOS USA tubes in it (i'm running NOS 7581A's for the output tubes)

6_Ampegs.jpg

6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

You need to be a supporting member to post want ads.

7. Dennis Kong

Dennis Kong Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2004
    San Mateo CA
    pm sent

8. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    If you're near Nashville, Gruhn's has one.

9. Gosh, John. Your almost as bad as some of the Sunn hoarders i've seen. :eek:

10. tapehead ted

tapehead ted

May 29, 2012
    This used to be me! But I only had two of each.

And I discovered that a V4 (not the V4B) is a good deal cleaner than a V4B or an SVT, and the bass is not rolled off quite as high as either of the others.

11. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Holy crap john! :eek:

The old v4/v4b heads are really nice sounding heads. I regret selling mine. Not sure about the new ones though.

12. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

How the heck did this not get deleted?

Did you actually manage to get the head since the thread is still here?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021