1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loop station/Phrase sampler

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ach, Sep 25, 2008.

1. What phrase sampler to start with? Any recomendations, experience?

2. TheShreddingE

TheShreddingE

May 4, 2008
    I hear that the Boss RC50 is fine

What kind of things do you want it for?

There is a better one that uses mp3's and stuff but its pretty pricey

3. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I'm pretty happy with my RC-20xl. It only plays one loop at a time but that's plenty for me. If I'd known about it I might have gotten the Akai Headrush because it doubles as a delay and is a little simpler to use, or the Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai which can be a delay and a looper at the same time. The Boss DD7 has a loop function, I don't know how easy it it to work. The RC-2 is like the RC-20 with one less pedal so you have to double stomp.
    Have you searched?

4. I like my RC-2...it also has built in drum loops so you can use it as a practice tool as well...

5. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    just stay away from the digigtech jamman - it is not reliable, my unit went back to the shop for repairs 2 times and they still didnĀ“t fix one issue where the loop level suddenly jumps from 0 to a quarter of max when you turn up the pot.

6. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    +1

For the price, you can't beat it...It has just enough time for looping (16 mins of storage). Recording to the click takes a little time, but you can get used to it.

Also, do a quick search on here. We've talked about which looper is best a few times over...Best of luck! Let know your thoughts and what acquisitions you make!

7. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I just picked up a Line6 DL4.
    Awesome little device.

8. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    boss rc-20XL is absolutely incredible.

all you need to know how to use it is litterally written on the pedal..

9. timmbass

timmbass

Oct 4, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Another vote for the Boss RC-20XL.

10. lowendrob

lowendrob

Sep 10, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    The boomerang sucks your tone like no other. Don't buy it!

11. Thanks for replies! I just wanted to know what is available on a market.

12. Im also using a Boss RC-20XL. Its easy to use, has the features you would expect and is reliable and solid. Its the only looper I have owned, but I have never really needed to look anywhere else since getting it.

I had a quick go on an RC-2 in my local shop for interests sake. It was ok, but being used to the RC-20XL, I found the RC-2 to be a bit 'compact' for my liking.

13. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    I've seen more players with an RC-20 than anything else...even when the players have a DL4.

EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE A DL4!

That being said, I had a DL4 and used it on bass and wasn't impressed with the tone but loved it's functionality. it is a great tool, but if you want a dedicated looper, the RC-20 and Akai Headrush have a lot more support in the circles I've been in and the other players I've spoken with.

I'm curious about the new Line6 Looper. It's software upgradeable and looks like a great flexible unit.

anyone know anything about it?