1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looper needs vs. Eventide GAS

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Footbutt, May 31, 2011.

1. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    Owning a Line 6 M9 has proven to be such a useful, creative tool. On one song that i play the intro, i build a loop with a major chord using +1 Pitchshift and Particle Verb 100% wet. i record it at halfspeed then when the chord transitions, i hit the h/s button and the loop goes up an octave into a spacial bliss. sounds great live and the visual of my looping adds another element to the show.

but after hearing the Eventide Space and even the Timefactor... i'm debating selling the M9 and picking up either one or both of the Eventides! the sounds quality is night and day.

if i would end up with either Eventide pedal i wouldn't really have a need for the M9 (apart from looping) since i primarily use it for for delays and verbs. i've been researching the crap out of loopers and i don't really feel like buying a third pedal. ($:()

so my dilema that will haunt my till i sell some more gear will be my need to loop vs. Eventide's superior FX quality. (keep in mind i also do a LOT of studio recording and could use the Space and Timefactor for other things)

2. CaptainSir

CaptainSir

May 12, 2009
    Conyers, Ga
    you can never go wrong with the Boss RC-30 i just picked one up and it is SICK. 2 seperate loop tracks per phrase, 99 phrases, up to 3 hours total recording time easy to use. granted its pretty expensive but its worth it.

if you dont need quite that much stuff in your utility belt grab the RC-20

3. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    well, what i'd hate to say is that i don't think the "lower-end" Boss stuff has "1/2 speed."

something which i find myself relying heavily upon.

4. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i've only owned the Pitch Factor from Eventide.... and.... ended up selling it and re-buying an M9. the interface is better for live stuff on the M9, the effects aren't as good technically but they are plenty good enough for live play, you have more combinations at your feet with quicker access, you get rid of a Looper AND a Tuner on your board...... and the Pitch Factor had 2 useful tones in it for me, 2 fun silly toy tones, and a butt load of just BLEGH.

but the Space IS s'posed to be THE POO.

but i'd recommend holding on to the M9 and just waiting to till you can afford to get the Eventide without hocking it. sounds like you're well versed in it too, and that's a HUGE part of gear for me. something that if you analyze the waveform is 12% better sounding but i KNOW how to get around this bugger and do anything i want? pshhhhhhh. EASY choice.

Tom Jenkinson from Squarepusher used the same crappy multi efx unit, the same crap sampler that was out dated by 2 years the day he bought it and made some of my favorite tracks evah.

5. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    very well put, Behndy.
    i do think i'll hang on to the M9 while i tinker with a Space, if i ever sell my inherited DJ gear. (insert commercial)
    i use my POG2 for all of my octave needs, both up and down, so while i flirted with the idea of the Pitchfactor, i'm happy with my POG2.... and my batman slammer.