1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loopers as a practice tool

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by David A. Davis, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Hey Michael, I read the article on the Institute of Bass site about using loopers as practice tools. Do you have any new insight for techniques that you have discovered?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Kansas City
    I have an iPhone and an aux in on my amp, and downloaded an app called Anytune Pro+ that can import playlists and you can use this to practice. You can slow a song down without changing pitch, set A&B loop points, and loop over harder passages while it is slowed down in order to work out and practice the passage. You can also lower certain frequency ranges to drop the bass out of the track, etc. As you get more comfortable with the passage, you can bring the speed up to normal tempo. It's a little pricey for an iPhone app, but it's alot cheaper than a Tascam trainer.