1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lowest Priced New Basses Ever??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FlaCharlie, Feb 27, 2020.

1. JulienP., upgroove9, lightbg and 14 others like this.
  2. rushfanforlife

rushfanforlife

Feb 25, 2020
    Next they will be paying us to take the bass off of their hands :)

3. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    With free shipping, how is this possible?

4. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    I would order one, but kinda avoiding stuff coming straight from China right now :jawdrop:

5. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Just don't open it for 14 days... any virii will have perished in the box :)

6. mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Screw it. I just bought 3 @ $13.49. Sounds like good fretwork practice that I can feel happy giving away afterwards.

Update: My order has shipped. Should be here by April 1st. My investment is currently sitting at $56 CDN.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  8. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    I'm not sure if you'll actually get anything out of that - the delivery date is over a month out on the long end. On the flip side, if you do get a bass for that price, you could start a "my strings cost more than my bass" club.

9. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    Under 7 lbs?? I'm almost tempted. If they had an 8 pound 5er for like 25 or 30 bucks I would get one just for curiosity...

10. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

11. mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    As as been mentioned, it costs more than that to ship! Seller feedback shows lots of positive notes from recent $35 guitar sales... and most recently one glaring complaint about fraud. Hard to see how any fraudster can benefit from this, really? Or for that matter, any legitimate trader, unless they are looking for karma-points (exposure-bux??) :wacky:

Garret Graves likes this.
  12. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    From the description on the ebay listing:

To create faultless bass effect, you can not lack a professional bass guitar during guitar performance. This Exquisite Burning Fire Style Electric Bass Guitar Blue is just the one we are glad to recommend to you. Though it looks quite similar to the ordinary guitar, it actually is quite different from that one when it comes to function. Compared with guitar, it features thicker strings and larger string tension. And it is located on low-pitch site, which makes it perfect in sending out wonderful bass effect. Moreover, this bass guitar adopts superb wood and synthetic material, so you can trustingly take it back home for entertaining!
    Comfortable hand feeling, stylish outlook, stable performance and melodious sound

Novarocker, JulienP., TylerJ and 28 others like this.
  13. LowEndLobster

LowEndLobster Bass reviewer and youtube dude guy. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    I ordered one too.... XD

TJH3113 and EatS1stBassist like this.
  14. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    Just ordered one. should be here April 6...

farmertom and DJ Bebop like this.
  15. From what I've read the shipping is subsidized by the USPS.

16. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    That's interesting, but even with that the price is crazy. I had to pay state tax so the cost was a little over $16.00.

17. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I know this was a joke, but it seriously made me think before clicking go.

Was gonna do it, but it seems kinda pointless... and I think there IS some possible risk involved.

18. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Sure, they're losing money on each one, but they make up for it with volume. :)

19. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    I actually ordered one, but I may let it sit a couple of weeks before opening. :) People are still getting iPhones shipped from China and all kinds of other stuff. I did read a few articles before ordering though.

Can I get coronavirus from a package delivered from China? – Daily Breeze

20. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Wow. I just got one of the $64 Ibanez/Yamaha copies from eBay a few days ago and thought that was super cheap. I'm very interested in hearing reviews on these. :eek:

IMG_5184.jpg