1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

M-Audio Quattro/Mac/GarageBand Question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Aug 31, 2004.

1. I am new to digital recording. I just ordered an M-Audio Quattro USB interface (I know some people are unhappy with them, but American Musical has ther for $99 right now).

My question is: I have a Mac G4 PowerBook with Garage Band installed. Will I be able to record into Garage Band with this set up? Does the Quattro come with software to record into? Am I going to have to buy some stand alone multitrack software? (Please excuse me if my lingo isn't accurate.)

Help.

2. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I have almost the exact same setup that you have, except for I have the M-Audio mobile USB preamp, 1Ghz iBook and Garage Band and I have no problems recording. There was no software with my pre amp, just a driver cd.

And as far as mulitrack software, Garage Band should work fine. The only problem I've had is that my computer has bogged down if I had a bunch of effected tracks. But that has only happened once or twice and I'm guessing that your Powerbook has a little more juice to it than my laptop.

3. Thanks for the reply, it's good to know it will work.