Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M-Audio Quattro/Mac/GarageBand Question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Aug 31, 2004.

1. I am new to digital recording. I just ordered an M-Audio Quattro USB interface (I know some people are unhappy with them, but American Musical has ther for $99 right now).

My question is: I have a Mac G4 PowerBook with Garage Band installed. Will I be able to record into Garage Band with this set up? Does the Quattro come with software to record into? Am I going to have to buy some stand alone multitrack software? (Please excuse me if my lingo isn't accurate.)

Help.

2. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I have almost the exact same setup that you have, except for I have the M-Audio mobile USB preamp, 1Ghz iBook and Garage Band and I have no problems recording. There was no software with my pre amp, just a driver cd.

And as far as mulitrack software, Garage Band should work fine. The only problem I've had is that my computer has bogged down if I had a bunch of effected tracks. But that has only happened once or twice and I'm guessing that your Powerbook has a little more juice to it than my laptop.

3. Thanks for the reply, it's good to know it will work.