Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M box, M box2?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lyle, Mar 12, 2006.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Because I'm on a budget I'm considering buying a digidesign mbox to go along with my imac I will be buying later this summer. I was wondering though what the real difference was between these to products. I did some reading and couldnt make sense out of the differences. What would be best for home recording and band recordings.

edit- sorry please move this to the recording gear forum, my bad

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    :help: mod please move, and somebody help me

3. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I don't know much about digidesign products, but from the little that I've seen, people seem to recommend Mbox2.

4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    thanks. just assuming more updated products are better I thought that as well, but its just the only differences between the two are things I dont understand. Im not that much of a recording techy yet.:crying:

5. One has midi ports, the mbox2, and the mbox one does not. The sample rate and bit depth on both models are identical, and I would bet on the mbox2 will have continued support, i.e., software updates, well into the future, whereas the mbox will get discontinued support sometime in the next few years.

6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    thank you, thast what I was looking for.