Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mac G3 Users - Able to use for recording?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Dec 6, 2005.

1. I have a 400Mhz Yosemite (blue/clear) MAC G3 running OS 10.2. I would like to use it for recording bass tracks (w/ a mic &/or DI), a Alesis SR16 drum machine and anything else I could plug into it.

I would like to know if this computer is capable of doing this without dragging to much?

Would it be faster and produce a better quality recording using an upgraded internal sound card/interface as opposed to a firewire interface?

Regarding headphones, are there any you can recommend that are fairly accurate that can handle a low B and don't cost too much money?

Thanks!

2. Yeah, absolutely! I use my Yosemite to record all the time. Just download Audacity (free!), get a mic (condenser), and off you go. The G3 definitely isn't too slow, and Audacity allows for double-tracking.

3. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    At one time I was recording up to 6 simultaneous tracks of audio with a 400mHz G3 (no effects of course). It worked fine.

4. Thanks guys.

Are there any headphones anyone can recommend?

Preferrably something that can handle the low B frequencies and produce a fairly accurate representation of the sound/mix.