1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mad old Ibanez Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kink Rimson, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Before anyone asks, I have no pictures, but I will describe it as best as I can!

It's advertised as an 1970s Ibanez Artist bass but when I search for that all I can find is a Gibson Ripper style bass.
    This one has a symmetrical body (bit like a wider SG), black scratchplate, Gibson EB style pickups, a Rickenbacker style bridge, and active electronics (various knobs and switches).
    The headstock is 2 a-side, with the old scroll-type logo and an extravagant inlay.

This thing is pretty worn I don't know if the parts are original or if it's been modded to hell... Can anyone shed any light on this bizarre beast? I'm rather taken with it.:)

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    From the '74 Ibanez catalog......

2615B.

3. Thump Jr.

Thump Jr.

Jun 8, 2008
    SW FL
    Oh, wow. This needs a reissue. I like it more than anything Ibanez makes now. Classy.

4. FREAKING A !!! +++100

Dude that bass totally rocks...

5. I'm not an Ibanez fanboy, but I would buy that!

6. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Agreed. They did the JetKing bass, I think that's the first step towards some awesome stuff like this being reissued :)

7. Yeah looks like a keeper. Sexy beast...

8. broadblik

broadblik

Aug 10, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    It's like a Rick, an SG and a Hofner club had a threesome...

9. LOL

10. i just picked up an 83 roadstar 2. its awesome. ibanez needs to reissue all their old basses. now.

11. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Everything about that is amazing.

12. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Damn that is one bass that needs to be reissued!
    Is that tapewound strings on it?

The flatness of it makes my nipples hard!

13. I know where you're coming from with this. What I *can* say is that I've had dealings with the guy who's selling it & can say he's been very straight with me in the past. If you want to buy it, I'd have confidence.

14. more like the rick,hofner,SG and les paul triumph club had a foursome..just look at those controls..

15. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    that thing is gorgeous. lets start the petiion here, right now.

16. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Don't forget the Brian May guitar body!

17. :)