1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

making the best of my setup....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rooneyisweird, Feb 29, 2008.

1. rooneyisweird

rooneyisweird

Feb 27, 2008
    Connecticut
    i only started playing last summer, and i bought second-hand a Silvertone 4-string bass and amp. its the bass that comes with their starter package thing.
    the amp has High-mid, Low-mid, High, and Low adjustments and the bass has volume and tone. needless to say, not an impressive setup, but i cant afford anything else right now and it was great to start with.

what can i do to get the most out of this setup?

thanks.

2. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    practice

3. tmart937

tmart937

Jan 20, 2006
    I was in your position not too long ago. The best advice I can give you is to experiment all you want with your knobs. At first I couldn't tell a difference unless my knobs were cranked one way or the other. Now after 4 years of playing I hear things that I never would have before. Basically just play! Starter sets are made to see if you have the passion. Once you get past that you will get a bad case of G.A.S.