Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Making Vince Neil"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jan 3, 2005.

1. What a funny show this was that I watched on VH1 last nite.

Ok, Vince is an over the hill fat washed up rawker. Wants to jump start his career again, sick of playing dive bars. Fine.

So, go get a personal trainer, get a face lift, and hire Desmond Child to write your new hit song.

So typical and funny. What was nasty was watching Vince get his facelift. The show was graphic! They showed the skin being seperated from the underlying tissue, and I could see clear into his head! Unreal. Then post surgery his face was 100x the normal size, all puffy, and just plain gross. His fiancee is there, gettin freaked out, and I don't think she could have been any more fake looking. Like the perfect example / poster child for why NOT to have plastic surgery. She was all fake boobs, collagen lips that make Pam Anderson's look normal by comparison, and a lift so extreme her eyes don't even look like they can close. And she's worried about Vince.

So the swelling goes down, and he really doesn't look that much better. So in the meantime he's working with a trainer who makes a point in the show to trash all his crappy food, and "get tough" with him. Typical.

Then he's in the studio with Desmond Child, writing a HORRIBLE song that he can't even sing. Then he gets a haircut and can fit back into his old stage clothes. The whole shebang concludes with is big ole comeback show in Las Vegas, where he rides to the stage, all triumphant aboard a chopper motorcycle. And what does he do? Plays Motley Crue songs, of course.

Did anyone see this crap? He's more of a laughing stock now than ever. If Surreal Life didn't put the nail in his career's coffin, this HAS to. Good luck with that reunion tour.

2. Then again, I DID watch it. So, mission accomplished. Still left me feeling dirty. ;)

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's funny because today I was listening to a radio show that I like, The Jim Rome Show, and the host was talking about how he and his wife visited Vegas over the holiday and he witnessed Vince Neil being ejected from a hotel at 8pm on night because he was drunk off his ass. I guess he was a rowdy drunk or he passed out or something. I was working while I listened so I didn't get the whole story.

brad cook

4. Oh excellent!

DUUUUUDE! ROCK 'N' ROLL!

Pathetic. Thanks for the story my man!. :bassist:

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, he was on Leno on NYE and he didn't even really look that different. Just a ton of makeup and a little lighter. At least he remembered the words this time.

6. Not only did you watch it, but you created a thread about it. You're only a tool of "the machine."

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

How do you know about the machine?

8. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

How did you know my real name? :bag:

.........Wait a twight. I didn't tell you spit

9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I watched a bit of it (caught it about 1/2 way through and watched for about 15 minutes) till I realized it was just going to be a bunch of people kissing vince's a$$ to get themselves some of his $$$ and some screen time. I've actually been a big fan of his music, even his solo stuff which puts me in a BIG minority, but the show was LAME and in the end he didn't look all that different to me.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Gawd, the Crue was on Leno's new years deal... geez... pretty bad.

Vince Neil Couldn't sing/seemed winded
    Mick Mars (guitarist... right) seemed really disoriented, wasn't good at all.
    Nikki Sixx... surprisingly was keeping time/playing decent... nothing great... but... better than I expected.
    Tommy Lee... is actually a rather kick ass drummer. The only real talent in that band... especially now.

11. Oh thundering Jeebus. Three drink-bloated, heroin-addled jackasses strutting around a cage like fifteen years hadn't gone by and they were still as sex-ay and han-day with the lay-days as they were back then. Also, Tommy Lee.

If Mars and Sixx weren't lip-syncing Dr Feelgood, and doing it badly, I'll eat Tommy Lee's top hat.

You pretty much nailed it.

12. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    i watched it last night and thought the exact same thing. his voice was so out of tune when he was trying to record his new "hit single".

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Glad to see the lip syncing wasn't unnoticed. ;)

Pretty bad... maybe they had some acid reflux problems. ;)

14. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The worst was Motley Crue's interview on VH1 Classic's "Metal Mania". Mick Mars looks like he's either in pain (which he apparently is, some bad disease is screwing up his back) or loaded on drugs, Vince Neil's face looks like it's made of plastic, and they all seem really uncomfortable around each other. And in seperate interviews Tommy Lee said that he hadn't even talked to anyone except Mars for years until they all met in the studio, and Mars flat-out said the whole thing's just for the money. I'm not gonna waste my money seeing them in concert...

15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Reality TV reaches a new low. :rolleyes:

16. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    yeah I saw the VH1 peace of crap.. :scowl:

Being a Crue fan and seeing Vince go threw that was disgusting. I'm all for him working out and quit drinking.
    The face lift was a way to much for me really none R'-N-R'.

17. As bad as it was, to me the haircut was the worst of all. Tryin go go all Jon Bon Jovi and all... pretty sad.

18. This reality crap is still around?????

Remaking Vince Neil???? What the...???

More American Idol???

More Surreal??? Who's Your Daddy now???? Wasn't that reality &*%@#$!! supposed to be a passing far... er... fad???

My God the Apocalypse is coming (to a TV near you)

19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It must be difficult, because as I get older I still want to play and have fun every time I pick up an instrument(and look good too!). But one wishes that these older rockers (and God Bless them for the many fine tunes they've delivered in the past) would just instinctively know when it's over.