man boobs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by a e i o u, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Is there a way that you can turn fatty man boobs into a flat normal chest? not into big strong pecks or anything like that, just make them go down in size? :oops:
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You can wear a "bro". :D Or...

To respond seriously, I believe exercise is the key. Accelerating your heart rate to burn excess calories & fat. By accelerate, I don't mean vigorous, just walking at a fast pace will "up" the heart rate. But the key to getting and staying in shape is to be consistent with exercise.
  3. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Low carb diet, cardio excersize mixed with weight lifting.
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    It's not a bro, it's a man-siere!
    Also, (in addition to everything else said) this may help:
    If you have access to free-weights or an incline bench, put the bench at a 45 degree angle, lay with your head at the foot of the bench, and do about 5 sets of low weight, high repitition dumbell presses. This will tone up your pecs without making them huge and get rid of the male-mammories. If not, just lean on an ottoman (or something like that) with a good base and do pushups.
  5. Well, spot reduction is still a myth, it means that its not proven that by working our a particular muscle, you will cut the fat on top of that muscles.

When you goes on a fat loss program, which part of your body fat that goes first depends on your DNA. So, doing sit-ups/crunches everyday won't get rid of your belly, and doing pecs exercise won't get rid of your man boobs.
  6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Unless these are musical boobies, this gem of a thread belongs in OT.
  7. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Strange thing is, I've known guys that are in great shape, yet still have man-boobs (I swear it's not me, my man boobs come with a nice manly belly). Could it possibly be a genetic/hormonal thing with some people?
  8. where the body keeps the extra fat is based on genes, for most guys, its the belly, but some will be legs, some may be chest.

You can see, some guys have big bellys, but small legs, some have huge butts, but no belly... funny stuffs...
  9. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    No, I think he ment that by working out the pecs they gain mass and shape somewhat, so the boobs don't stick out as much.

I agree on the gym advice, not only that you can work out your pectorials, but you'll burn some fat and with decent gym program, your body will look better so the boobs don't stand out as much :hyper:
  10. There was an early evening show that did a short feature on this subject. It was showing how man boobs can be a genetic thing. It showed you pictures of fit well toned guys with little man boobs. Unfotuntaely for some, surgery is the only way to deal with it. For some people a good diet and exercise will work as well. I guess when you've done all the exercise you can, and have worked out regularly so that the rest oif your body is in shape, if you have man boobs left, you may have to consider surgery!

Sounds extreme (at leats to me) but there were the proverbial before and aftyer pics for one guy, and he was well happy with the results!
  11. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

or go to gym and make ur man boobs into very big strong... cool looking man boobs

thats what i am about to do, yes i got some boobies too along with my lovly belly... beer and munchies at 4am is not healthy so i hear:/

next time you have a question just ask yourself "what would serg do" it will come to you:p yes i will ducktape em:p

work out, play sports, run, ride bike, u can eat more healthy but why... OR again DUCK TAPE! choose one and u be ok:p

ps, i hear chicks dig man boobs:p
  12. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'd like to dedicate this thread to Spankbass and his "Family Guy" avatar (Hopefully it's still current).
  13. Current indeed.

You can't turn fat into muscle. By lifting, you will put muscle under that fat, where your muscle builds most on your pec is genetic, so you may make them look worse if your pecs build lower.

If you just want to loose the fat, with no interest in lean muscle weight, cardio train before you eat in the morning. By cardio I mean running, biking, swiming, fornecating, etc. If you want lean muscle weight, you are going to need to find a balance between your fat loss diet, and the high carbs and protien necessary to gain muscle.
  14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think somebody needs to visit this site :

15. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
  16. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    There's this drummer friend of mine who went the surgical route...basically, one side of his chest didn't develope(no muscle). This bothered him for a long time, finally, he did something about it & had an implant. It's pretty cool; the doctor knows where to stick the syringe so he can pump up for the Summer.

Hey, Rimbaud- it true there's a Lake Emerson in Palmer?
    I recall reading that back when ELP was popular.
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My wife is nurse, she told me that the technical term for man boobs is gynecomastia. she also asked how this came up on a bass site. :meh: I popped it into google and found you a site. Good luck! All my fat goes right to the belly. I can see it every time I drink a beer. ;)
  18. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Permission to use your avatar on aim/msn/yahoo please? I am in love with it:p

and ya i turned my man boobies into mussles by working out... then again i also played hockey and stationary bike before and after workout so you are right...

then i turn em back to big belly and man boobies by drink lots of beer and lots of 3am foodcalls munchies... bad bad bad mmmmm foood i am going to have some rite about now... think it will be philly cheesesteak
  19. Ask Tony Mandarich... :D

(for all you Green Bay Packers fans out there...)