manson

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimbo, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    hey everyone

a friend of mine is obessesed with the uk band, muse. yeah i got to say, they are really good. anyway he was showing me their website and there was a section with they're gear. the inteserting thing that stuck out to me was the frontman's (Mathew Bellamy) guitars. he owns a lot of them. anyway he has a bunch of cutsomized mansons in which there are effects placed in it. its awesome. i've heard of things like this befroe, i think line6 make such a thing. but this is really cool.
    http://www.mansons.co.uk/show_feature.cfm?id=3

it got me thinking, what if you could have a bass with your choice of effects in it, what would they be? here's mine

-wah
    -synth
    -some kind of fuzz

but i don't know which name brands i would use. does anyone out there own a bass with built in effects? and one more thing, i don't know whether this belongs in Basses or Effects so my apologizes if this has to be moved.

-jimbo:ninja:

2. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    I would
    1) tuner :)
    2) chorus
    3) eq
    i dunno mabey something else...its late
    :bassist:

3. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Wah? That would be pretty odd to use I would imagine.

I'd prefer my Wah on the Floor.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'd ALWAYS prefer my effects on the floor or in a rack, ANYWHERE but on the instrument itself. Effects come and go, I'd hate to have to change my instrument everytime a better flanger came along. Not to mention I don't want the extra weigh to be carried by my shoulders during a long show when they can be placed on the floor.

5. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have an old Chris Squire Bass Video, at one point in the Video he shows all his Basses, and he has one with effcts built in, there is a
    pair of little module's that go in a battery like
    compartment on the back of the Bass, and he has
    several different type's for different effects.