Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimbo, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    hey everyone

a friend of mine is obessesed with the uk band, muse. yeah i got to say, they are really good. anyway he was showing me their website and there was a section with they're gear. the inteserting thing that stuck out to me was the frontman's (Mathew Bellamy) guitars. he owns a lot of them. anyway he has a bunch of cutsomized mansons in which there are effects placed in it. its awesome. i've heard of things like this befroe, i think line6 make such a thing. but this is really cool.

it got me thinking, what if you could have a bass with your choice of effects in it, what would they be? here's mine

-some kind of fuzz

but i don't know which name brands i would use. does anyone out there own a bass with built in effects? and one more thing, i don't know whether this belongs in Basses or Effects so my apologizes if this has to be moved.

2. jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    I would
    1) tuner :)
    2) chorus
    3) eq
    i dunno mabey something else...its late
  3. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Wah? That would be pretty odd to use I would imagine.

I'd prefer my Wah on the Floor.
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'd ALWAYS prefer my effects on the floor or in a rack, ANYWHERE but on the instrument itself. Effects come and go, I'd hate to have to change my instrument everytime a better flanger came along. Not to mention I don't want the extra weigh to be carried by my shoulders during a long show when they can be placed on the floor.
  5. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have an old Chris Squire Bass Video, at one point in the Video he shows all his Basses, and he has one with effcts built in, there is a
    pair of little module's that go in a battery like
    compartment on the back of the Bass, and he has
    several different type's for different effects.