1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcus Miller Pickguard Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by minus.eleven, Apr 16, 2010.

1. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    So,

I have a project jazz bass and I just had a wacky idea: I am one of those people who likes the Marcus Miller bass pickguard.

I would really just like to use that pickguard on a more standard jazz bass. I was wondering if anyone knows the following:

1. The Marcus Miller looks to be split into 3 pieces - the one around the neck pickup, the one with the controls, and the battery cover. Is the part of the pickguard around the neck pickup a standard jazz bass size? It looks like it is from the pictures.

2. I'm eyeballing it, and it looks like most of the controls ( the 4 knobs ) would be lined up with where they would be on a regular jazz bass, so not a huge amount of routing would be required. Can anyone confirm this?

I tried looking around for this, but didn't seem to find any info. If anyone has tried anything like this, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks all.

2. Don't have any answers 2 those questions, but pleast post a pic when U finish the job!! i like the idea too.

3. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    No one has any info?

4. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    What I'm really wondering is if it will match up to standard jazz screw holes and routes :)

5. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Well, MM's bass is a modified Jazz, so I would assume they would, however, screw holes come in a variety of patterns and even from Fender to Fender the screw holes may not line up.