1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcus Miller Tune

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by GregBass1979, Sep 4, 2008.

1. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Hey guys,
    I have a burned disc of various Marcus Miller stuff {fairly recent recordings} but no track titles on them. Was trying to figure out what albums he did alot of fretless bass work on if anyone knew. This song in particular has alot of his bass clarinet playing on it as well as alot of other horns,upright bass and fretless bass using an octaver..I know this is a vague description but since I don't have a name of album or song it's the best I can do.:help:

2. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Ok I found the tune...it's called "Visions"..wow what a great fretless bass line he adds in there. Does anyone know what kind of bass he might be using on this? Is it a Fender?

3. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Is your disc pirated?

IIRC there's a pic of him & his '66 fretless Jazz in the Tales booklet (Visions is track 11 on the legal release), although I know he does a lot of his fretless recording with his Foderas.

4. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Actually, ironically I found the disc in a CD player in one of the trucks at work I used to work at and low and behold it was Marcus Miller playing but I guess it was songs from different albums burned to it. This bass he used sounded pretty modern, but the recording was from 1995 so who knows?