1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mariusz Duda's (Riverside) Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Temezki, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    attachment.

Anyone know what bass is that? Riverside's guitarist also has an stratocaster shaped guitar with that same N logo on the headstock.

Attached Files:

2. eloann

eloann

May 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    He's played Mayones quite a bit but that would be a M, not N. Do you have a picture ?

3. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    attachment.
    Oh the image didn't work

Attached Files:

4. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
  5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Regardless of the bass he plays, Riverside is one of the best bands I have heard in many years; I picked up a bunch of their CDs about a year ago. :bassist:

6. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    Thank you. Never heard of Nexus guitars, seems like a nice instrument.
    I started listening Riverside's music like 2 months ago and I think it's very good. These comments you find at Youtube are stupid like ''Riverside is a copy of Yes, Rush and Pink Floyd'' ''Their music is just riffing on original songs by Yes, Rush, Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree'' Well yes you can hear the influences and little similarities but commenting like that is just stupid.

7. Made by Polish manufacturer Jacek Kobylski in Piastow near my hometown. Dont know if he exports his basses worldwide, but here in Poland its quite known brand

8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I agree. Of course you hear some of their influences but they do things with it and add a lot of Eastern European influenced music to create their own thing. Mariusz' voice is great, too, with influence of folks like Greg Lake and John Wetton, plus you can actually hear and understand the lyrics, something sadly lacking in lots of music these days.

9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    stone fingerboards as an option.................

10. LeftyPem

LeftyPem

Aug 9, 2007
    Saw them this past May at Rosfest in PA. Easily one of my favorites from the whole weekend!