1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Bass - Little Mark 3 and bag

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by drjohn6oy, Sep 28, 2013.

1. drjohn6oy

drjohn6oy

Sep 28, 2013
    Hiya all, this is a silly question, but just an answer to double check my assumption is correct.
    Yesterday, I brought the Little Mark 3 head nd bag. I was so surprised by it's tonality, I actually gigged it last night. Really cut through the mix well. But I was wondering, can I gig the little mark 3 without taking it out of its gig bag...as it has vent holes (in conjunction with the vents on the head)
    Thanks so much and sorry for the silly question.

2. Better safe than sorry, not a silly question.

I believe the answer is yes. At least I gig mine in the bag. No problems yet.

3. drjohn6oy

drjohn6oy

Sep 28, 2013
    Thanks loads matey, that'll really help. Really love it, I'd previously used an ashdown...this is incredible in comparison

4. No worries. Yeah, I really dig my MB stuff, have the LMII in a combo and a LMIII separate (in the bag). Not looking for anything else anytime soon.

I probably should have also noted to be sure the vent in the rear for the fan is wide open and has some clearance.

5. drjohn6oy

drjohn6oy

Sep 28, 2013
    I'll certainly keep that in mind, to be honest I was concerned about over heating. Also, it's ideal for recording. I definitely think this is the way bass is heading...lightweight and easy to commute. Even the cabs are pretty light, I use it with the 800w 4x10, I'm not very strong, have a very bad leg, and I can even pick it up.

6. Phooey to Mark Bass! get yer self a real amp! A mighty SVT should do it!!!!

:D

Just kidding, enjoy your new amplifier. :)

7. drjohn6oy

drjohn6oy

Sep 28, 2013
    Ha ha. Thanks man :--)

8. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    I use my LMlll in the bag all the time. It hardly gets warm. Great head and super practical!

9. Marginal Tom

Marginal Tom

Apr 28, 2010
    O'Fallon, IL
    The carry bag for LM II and LM III heads is very practical. I've used mine for about three years, averaging 3-5 times per week. I've always kept it in the bag while playing. The amp is easier to carry, you can carry your speaker cables and power cable in the zip-up pocket, your gain, master and EQ settings don't get accidently changed and you have a bit more protection if your amp is dropped or knocked off of your speaker cabs.