1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass CMD 102P question?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by osuok88, Sep 22, 2010.

1. osuok88

osuok88 Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX - USA
    Hi
    I bought a Markbass bass amp combo CMD 102P and don't have a manual. I would like to buy an 2x10 cab for it and I would like to know how you connect it to the bass amp combo (what cable that I need?). I saw on the back of my Markbass CMD 102P and see a "line out" and "speaker out" so I guess to connect the cab to the "line out". Is this right? Please help
    Thank
    Vince

2. equal

equal

Jul 15, 2009
    No, you would connect your speaker cabinet to your speaker out. You would need to get an 8ohm cabinet, seeing as the amplifier part of the combo runs at 8 or 4 ohms and the speakers already connected are 8 ohms. 8 ohm cab + 8 ohm cab = 4 ohm load.

3. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    You use the speaker output. Also the Jack is a dual function speakon-1/4 in. Connector. If you use a 1/4 in (regular speaker cabinet cable) just plug it into the center of Jack. Make sure your extension cab is 8 ohms.

FYI, you can download a manual from Markbass' website. Hope this helps!

4. osuok88

Nov 12, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX - USA
    Thank guys. You are very helpful.

5. derrellvis69

derrellvis69

Aug 23, 2006
    Colorado
  6. osuok88

Nov 12, 2009