1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass footage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flaky Tuna, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Flaky Tuna

Flaky Tuna

Aug 15, 2009
    Why is it that all of the vids iv'e seen of markbass rigs on youtube make them sound ugly or really ugly...

I have a little mark 2 and a 102p, too..

Sometimes I think of going to Eden or EBS or Gallien Krueger lol

IDK maybe i should wait for the little mark rocker.

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Do you like how your rig sounds? If so, why do you care what some youtube video sounds like?

3. Flaky Tuna

Flaky Tuna

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm just curious. One day i decide i wanted to see some markbass rigs being played on youtube and this is my reaction..

4. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Could just be bad audio, or players whose idea of good tone is wildly different from yours.

5. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Just poor recording. Mine sounds great on the videos, IMHO.

This is the CMD 121P by itself, before I got the Schroeder 1212L add-on cab. That little 12-incher was loud enough for an outdoor gig, although I actually had to turn it up past 1/2 for the first time.

6. BeefJerky

BeefJerky

Jul 10, 2009
    Denton, Texas
    This guy's MB sounds really good to me

7. Flaky Tuna

Flaky Tuna

Aug 15, 2009
    those do sound pretty great. Gio, how do you have it EQ'd in those vids?

8. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

VERY little EQ - Tone flat - VLE and VLF at 8-9 o'clock. It is just a great combination - the MB, the '08 AM P and LaBella flats. The video sound is very faithful.

9. Flaky Tuna

Flaky Tuna

Aug 15, 2009
    bump

10. Flaky Tuna

Flaky Tuna

Aug 15, 2009
    yes I have seen your vids, Jung.. I like alot

I actually put a comment today on one of your vids about how i might like the F1 better than my lm2.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020