1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MarkBass (Markacoustic) AC 101H huge hiss level is normal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Grako, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Grako

Grako

Dec 23, 2018
    Hello everyone as it's my first post on this forum!

Recently I've gotten myself the above mentioned combo to get as much acoustic sound as possible for a reasonable price. As far as I'm absolutely pleased with the fidelity of sound it gives for my acoustic double bass as well as for my bass guitars there's one thing that tremendously kills most of the pleasure I get from this combo.

Maybe it's because it's my first cabinet with a tweeter, but the hiss that comes out of it makes it sound like the lowest quality speaker I've ever listen to my entire life.

Can anyone please confirm that such hi-frequency noise is normal for this model or I should rather send it back to be checked? Even if I set the tweeter level to -5dB it still sounds hardly acceptable to me.

I've tried to catch this situation through my Audio Technica ATM 350 (sorry, it's only one I got) – positioned around 30 cm before the speaker, twitter with -5dB setting, no input, zero gain, zero master. You can hear me powering on the combo and snapping the fingers (between the speaker and the mic for the reference – watch out, it's loud), but I still feel like there's more hiss in real conditions than I've managed to catch with my mic:

Please keep in mind that it's not my intention to devalue the quality of this model – it's just my personal feeling I get from what I hear.

2. Grako

Grako

Dec 23, 2018
    I've decided to call the official service company in my country and I was told "that's the way it is", so guess I'll have to get used to such noise. I'm not an audiophile, but for me it really does hiss!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021