Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall Jackhammer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jack, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Just tried one of these today and was really inpressed with the sound. Im seriously considering getting one. Ive just read lots of reviews where the only complaint is that the pedal has too much bass.Not a problem for me! :D

Has anyone had experiences with it? Opinions?

2. I had one (I sold it maybe a week ago).

It sounds pretty cool on it's own, but as soon as I got in a band situation, I found it didn't cut through no matter what I tried.

It didn't cut out much bass though, and the "frequency / contour" control was very powerful, but it just didn't cut it.

So I sold it and bought a Snarling Dogs pedal.

3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Which Snarling Dogs pedal did you get? I just ordered a Blue Doo to add a little grease and grime, but it's backordered by a week or so... Wondering if you have experienced it.

4. Yep, that's the one I got. I would say it adds dirt (in a kinda blown speaker way) rather than grime, it's a really warm tubey kinda sound, with I'd maybe say too much bass.

However, the true bypass is nice, and the tone bypass feature is such a good idea, I'm surprised more pedals don't have it.

5. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I thought the pedal was almost exactly the sound I was looking for, but if it doesnt cut then its gonna be a problem. Ill get it, and if it dont work, its going back. Thanks