1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MB212-II or MB410-II?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4IsEnough, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 4IsEnough

4IsEnough

Apr 9, 2016
    My wonderful wife to be is going to get me either I want for Christmas.

I asked about the 212 and got glowing recommendations, but she is willing to go the 100 extra for the 4x10 if I want it.

Unfortunately I can't try GK locally.

This will be my new home amp, and stage volume for small to medium sized gigs.

Which route would be my best option? Either route I go, I will eventually add the matching powered cabinet... just because... so I'll wind up with an 8x10 or a 4x12 lol!

Any help before this Friday is greatly appreciated! I know some of you have had the opportunity to play both.

Thanks!

2. Both are great choices. Personally I went with the MB410-II & 410MBP.

GK_4-2_zps20d588a4.jpg GK_3-2_zps630140e0.jpg

TD

4IsEnough likes this.
  3. 4IsEnough

4IsEnough

Apr 9, 2016
    I'm leaning toward the 4x10 now myself. I wish I could play both beforehand! Driving me nuts!

4. 4IsEnough

4IsEnough

Apr 9, 2016
    Love it! Have you by any chance played a 5 string through it? I bet that thing moves stuff!

5. 5-string basses are my primary weapon of choice and have been for years. This rig handles them with ease at all volume levels.

TD

6. JazzbassArt

JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN
    IMG_0715.JPG
    I had a pair of 410MBE's. They didn't pair well with a MB200 I had at the time. They did kick booty with a PLX1602 and RPM. I sold them, and went back to a 212MBE-ii, a MB500 and a 212MBP. I prefer the tuning of the 12" cabinets, they have punchy mids and good lows. Another plus: the footprint is smaller, and, portability is better. (At least for me). It's a ported or sealed GK decision for you. They both have their own sound, and both would work for you.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021