1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mb450h resistor help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by itsmeagain, Jun 5, 2011.

1. itsmeagain

itsmeagain

Nov 3, 2010
    i have a marshall MB450h head that has blown two of its resistors past the point of recognition. If anyone would be able to take a picture of R6 and R7 on theirs or tell me which resistors i need to put in as replacements that would be great.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Good idea to take it to an amp tech, so it can be fully bench tested. Probably a reason why those resistors blew- better safe than sorry.

3. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Jul 22, 2009
    Absolutely correct. Resistors failing in a dramatic manner is a certain indicator that something has drawn excessive current through them. Just putting in some new ones won't solve this problem, I bet.

4. itsmeagain

itsmeagain

Nov 3, 2010
    i am fixing the amp on my own and understand they had too much power. I am currently in the process of remedying the problem. i just want some replacement ones so that when i find the problem i can just throw in the replacements. if you could help me in identifying the resistors that would be great.