1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MEC pick up parts for Warwicks??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rich Guastella, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Rich Guastella

Rich Guastella

Sep 15, 2008
    Hey Guys and Girls anybody know a source for MEC pickup parts ???.I just bought a 2001 Thumb BO....It's like a fine bottle of sherry.gtets better with age specifically looking for the covers....the MEC logo is worn off and the screws are a little nasty....any clues
    Rich,

2. gruvit

gruvit

Jan 14, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Don't know if the jazz pickups are different, but I had a soapbar die in my Thumb NT 6 and I had to get a completely new one because they encase the entire thing in epoxy.

3. MFox

MFox

Apr 16, 2009
    New England, USA
  4. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    isn't the warwick parts shop is well over price on MEC stuff? was looking at some 6 string humbucker pickup the other day and the price is like 240 euro for one.

With that price i could probably buy some EMG, Bart or even Duncans for much cheaper.

5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    You can't take the covers off like a Fender, they are incased in epoxy.
    And as for the screws, take them out and use a scotch bright pad to clean them up, shot them with a little black krylon paint.

6. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    For ANYTHING Warwick you'll need to find a USA bassed dealer. If you order parts from Germany Shipping Starts at 60 Euro. Then add your OverPriced Items...

7. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    What he said. ;)

8. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
  9. Rich Guastella

Rich Guastella

Sep 15, 2008
    Thanx guys!!!!

10. Rich Guastella

Rich Guastella

Sep 15, 2008
    HOW ABOUT THE"ADJUSTA NUT"...IT FLEW ACROSS THE ROOM,,,WHEN I CHANGHED STRIGS?????...i GOT A 2001 THUMB BOLT ON FOR 900...WITH A GATOR CASE AND 3 SETS OF DEAN MARKLEY DR 2000 STRINGS, tought it was a good deal....
    Rich

11. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    You should always change one string at a time to keep the neck under tension.