1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mercyful Fate's "Don't Break The Oath"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by darrenbassnyc, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Happy 2007 all,

so I am importing some of my older CD's on my IPOD, and I came across this... what a killing album! Just wandering if anybody else thinks this is a great, tight sounding record... of course the vocalist King Diamond is an accquired taste, but there is some great songwriting and playing here... also, for a thrash bassist, Timi Grabber (Timi Hansen) has a nice, audible, round, almost warmish sound...

mattbass6945 likes this.
  2. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Great album. Unlike a lot of that style metal it has aged quite well, I hear all kinds of freshness in it, as well as awesomeness.

3. I would say Mercyful Fate is power/proto-black metal and yes, Timi's got good tone. This one and Melissa are two of my favorite albums.

4. Jbass71

Jbass71

Jul 6, 2019
    Timi G Hansen credits Steve Harris as his influence

5. Bass wasn't always very audible om those early 80s thrash albums, but that one is killer. Great riffs and awesome groove from start to finish. Melissa is great too, but you probably already knew that.

6. Jbass71

Jbass71

Jul 6, 2019
    Yeah i wish i could get an isolated bass download for Don't Break the Oath. I like it more than Melissa but still flippin amazing.

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    My favorite band, hands down. Heck, I'm even wearing the DBTO T-shirt in my avatar pic. :D

Tim Hansen is an underrated player.

mattbass6945 likes this.